Friday, December 02, 2011

Children's Festival WIP

I am participating in the Mural Mosaic for St Albert. The theme of the painting is cultivate life. I decided to make my panel about the St. Albert Children's Festival.

The starting point.
I started blocking out what I wanted. I wanted to capture the joy and wonder on a child's face.

I really loved how it was looking at this point. A part of me wished I had just kept it like this.
But then another part of me wanted to throw in lots of fun colors and put more excitement and joy in the girl's face (or at least attempt to).  I may have gone a bit too wild with all the colors. This is currently the 'final version' but I should probably go back in and add more whites to the center. Especially now that the deadline was pushed back.
NEW: I made a final update before I sent it in. I brightened the middle up a lot, fixed the shoulder and removed the swirls. I'm pretty pleased with this version.

No comments: